Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I was terrified before Globes: Rahman

Music maestro A.R. Rahman, who scripted history by becoming the first Indian to get the Golden Globes honour for Slumdog Millionaire has revealed that he was terrified just before the awards as he did not want to disappoint one billion Indians. “Somewhere I think I was terrified on Monday. I didn’t want to let down a billion people there and say ohh! he said. Rahman bagged the Golden Globes award for Best Original Music Score for Slumdog Millionaire. Directed by British filmmaker Danny Boyle, the film bagged four prestigious awards including the Best Motion Picture.

Rahman said his award is dedicated to one billion Indians. “For me it is an award, but for Indians it is a great deal. I feel proud about it. After all those low in the last couple of months it is great to see all the happiness and positivity,” the musician said referring to the recent terror attacks on Mumbai. “I have never been so excited for any other award,” he said. He also revealed that he was uncertain about taking up the project initially due to his busy schedule “but something told me that it will be great to work with such a legendary director like Danny Boyle,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MUSIC PLAYER


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones